Remember to set your viewer to download to disc before attempting to
follow these links (with lynx, use the d key to download
The programs will be flagged:
- CP/M - self-extract archive.
- CP/M - archive requiring external unpacker.
- CP/M - raw COM file, do not attempt to run under DOS.
- Also runs under DOS.
- Also runs under Unix - C source is provided.
- Text file.
- Intel HEX-format file, for use with HEXPAT.COM
About self-extracting archives
Self-extracting archives are .COM files containing a number of smaller
files. When you run one, it will create its smaller files - either on the
current disc, or on a drive you specify:
There are also a few options you can add to the command:
archive L lists the contents of the archive
archive C tests the archive for file corruption
or archive x:Q extracts the archive, asking individually
whether each file should be extracted.
The self-extract archive programs will run under DOS (2 or later) or
CP/M, with identical effects. To extract them under Unix, you can use
zxcc archive c
although the Q option can't be used.
- ADDEV/REMDEV - CP/M 3 DEVICE alternatives.
- COMSPLIT - extracts RSXs from the COM files to which they have been bound.
- Date 2000
- The Year 2000 fixes for CP/M Plus have been removed from this page. You
can find ready-built binaries at the Unofficial CP/M Archive:
- Digital Research Binaries >> CP/M Binary with Year 2000 fixes
- DISKINFO is a program written by
Joe DaSilva to display various
information on disc formats - something like an extended SHOW [DRIVE] command.
- FATBIN combines a CP/M-80 .COM file and a DOS .COM file to produce one
that will work on both systems. See the notes on
- ID is a similar program to the file command in Unix; it
attempts to identify file types from the first 128 bytes, and describes
them. It includes a program to edit LocoScript or +3DOS header records.
Requires CP/M 3.
- M3CONV version 4 - converts Spectrum snapshots in the .Z80 or .SNA
format to or from Multiface 3 format ( Multiface 3 -> Z80 only on a PC).
- Makes M80 return an error code to CP/M 3 if assembly fails.
- A front-end menu system, compatible with John Hunt's MENU 2.00 but with
extra features. Requires a VT52-compatible display (like the PCW's) and CP/M 3.
- (Note: MSODBALL is not stored locally, but at Demon's ftp site).
This program (which runs on PCs, PCWs, Spectrum+3s, CPCs, Sam Coupes and
probably generic CP/M 2 computers) will convert discs in 706k CP/M
format to one of three nonstandard DOS formats, which have been shown to
be usable under MSDOS, DRDOS, Windows 95, Linux and NeXTStep; and with
software for reading PC discs, on Macs, SPARCstations and Archimedeses.
is also available. See the notes on
- A bug fix for
PMARC which fixes
its treatment of files with the Archive attribute.
- An extension for
PMARC allowing it
to use CP/M 3 date stamping when creating or extracting archives.
- PMSFX is the program that was used to generate these self-unpacking
archives. This version (2.11) can generate archives which unpack themselves
under CP/M or DOS. You will need
PMARC to use PMSFX.
New: Under DOS, it supports exact file sizes.
- PPIP is a file copier which accepts DOS-like or CP/M-like syntax. The
minimal version fits in 4k; there is also a 5k CP/M 3 version which copies
file dates and exact sizes. Source is included.
- Fixes a bug in CP/M 3 SAVE.COM
- SELECT is a program, designed to be used in Submit files, that will
display a list of files and allow the user to select one. It then executes
a command based on the chosen file. SELECT requires a VT52 screen and
- Choose which printer port to use from a menu. Requires a VT52 screen and
- SPD downloads a font in Stop Press format to a suitable printer. There
are two versions: one for LQ-510 compatible printers and one for BJ10e
compatibles. Requires CP/M 3.
- Converts a Stop Press Canvas file to a Windows .BMP
- SUBTSEA.COM is a set of three tools for CP/M 3 SUBMIT.COM:
- QUIET should submitted commands be printed on the screen or not?
- GOTO allows GOTO commands in SUB files
- STOP Bring a Submit file to an immediate halt.
- Makes DIR.COM display dates in UK format. Apply with:
HEXPAT DIR.COM UKDIR.HEX
- An extension for
UNARC16 allowing it
to use CP/M 3 date stamping when extracting archives.
- UNQUILL takes the snapshot (.SNA) of a game written with the Quill and
converts it to text. It can also run the games without an emulator.
- These programs are small, fast tools for UUencoding and UUdecoding.
They can also XXencode or decode, and handle files with non-standard
- Extended command processor for CP/M 3 - allows programs to be stored
in a file called COMMAND.LBR to save disc space. You will need to use
SAVEPAT.SUB since this program excites a bug in
John Elliott 18-1-1997