This Time Round

Jamie's Angels

in

Kentucky Functionary Conditioning

[a double drabble]

"You dealt with the KFC, I take it?" the Second Doctor said.

"Professor Eldred found us a steamroller," Gia explained. "After that it was all plain sailing."

"A steamroller? Really? Who drove?"

"I did." Victoria smiled modestly. "With Jamie stoking. I wouldn't have missed it for the world."

"But there's one other thing," Samantha pointed out. She nodded at Zoë, who was staring blankly into space. "She was working in the shop when it changed."

The Doctor waved his hand in front of Zoë's face. She jerked into life. "D'youwantfrieswi'that?" she asked in a monotone.

"She's been like it for hours now." Isobel shook her head. "It must be some sort of brainwashing."

"Well, there's nothing for it, then. She'll need deprogramming." The Doctor produced a notebook. "Let's see, sal volatile, electroshock, one of those spinning disc things... This is going to be a most delicate procedure, and I shall require complete— Jamie, where are you taking Zoë?"

"To the TARDIS," Jamie said. "I'll have her right in two shakes of a lamb's tail."

"Jamie!" The Doctor frowned. "You are not to put Zoë across your knee. You know that never works." He thought for a moment. "Well, hardly ever."