LibDsk Change History
New in 1.3.8
- Bugfix in the IMD driver: Geometry probe returned the wrong data rate for HD discs.
New in 1.3.7
- New drive geometry type: 'extsurface'. For discs where both sides are marked as side 0, with sector numbers on side 1 starting where side 0 left off.
- New backend: IMD (for files created by ImageDisk).
New in v1.3.6
- Compilation fixes only.
New in 1.3.5
- TeleDisk images with 'advanced' compression are supported.
- Bug fix: dsk_format_t numbers were out of sync with the format definitions.
- All utilities now take -types and -formats options, to list supported disk image types and formats.
- Double-sided Ampro disk formats can be autodetected.
New in 1.3.4
- CopyQM driver is now read/write (Ralf-Peter Nerlich).
- rcpmfs driver supports the ISX variant of the CP/M 2 filesystem.
New in 1.3.3
- Updated to latest autotools.
- rcpmfs: Buffer overflow when renaming a file with a full 8.3 name and a nonzero user number (Jurgen Sievers)
New in v1.3.2
- CFI format: Remove status messages correctly. [Jacob Nevins]
New in v1.3.0
- New drivers for SIMH and YAZE formats.
- Support for filesystem parameters.
New in v1.2.2
- Compilation scripts updated to autoconf 2.68.
New in v1.2.1
- Now compiles out-of-the-box on FreeBSD.
- rcpmfs works correctly emulating a CP/M 2 filesystem as well as CP/M 3.
New in v1.2.0
- Minor compilation fixes.
New in v1.1.14
- A new built-in format: TRDOS 640k.
New in v1.1.13
- Two new drivers added: Logical (like raw, but the tracks are arranged in logical filesystem order) and TeleDisk (read-only).
New in v1.1.12
- Bugfix to the CPCEMU driver when a sector is not found and the search has to start again at the beginning of a track.
New in v1.1.11
- Bugfix to the NTWDM driver when accessing sectors of nonstandard size.
- Bugfix to the CPCEMU driver to return sector IDs in the correct
- SQ compression fixed not to leak file handles.
New in v1.1.10
- Bugfix in Linux floppy driver to fix spurious 'no data' errors reading 70-track Apricot discs.
- Added a DOS build.
- Added a new utility (apriboot) which converts the boot sector of a diskette between Apricot MS-DOS and normal PC-DOS format. dsktrans has been enhanced to do the same thing.
- Added a new driver (int25) to the DOS version, allowing access to small hard drive partitions (and floppy drives on Apricot PCs).
New in v1.1.9
- Bugfix in rcpmfs driver: Files saved to user 1 don't end up in user 0.
- The skeletal sample utility, dskutil, has been fleshed out.
New in v1.1.8
- Support for ApriDisk files that start with a 'creator' block.
New in v1.1.7
- Support for reading DSK files that store multiple copies of the same sector.
- The rcpmfs driver has been altered to handle file truncation.
New in v1.1.6
- Bugfix: Don't leak file handles if the system fails to open a file as DSK.
New in v1.1.5
- A new 'remote' driver, allowing LibDsk to be used over a serial connection.
- New sample utilities: dskdump, dskscan, serslave.
New in v1.1.4
- A new 'ntwdm' driver. This is used in conjunction with Simon Owen's floppy filter driver to enable full LibDsk functionality on Windows 2000 / XP.
- Also for Windows users: Source code is provided for a COM binding (using ATL) is provided, plus source code for an example Visual BASIC client.
New in v1.1.3
- A new 'rcpmfs' driver allows a directory on the host system to be presented as a CP/M-format disc image.
- A new read-only driver for the CopyQM format (thanks to Per Ola Ingvarsson)
- Disc geometries can now be defined in a text file rather than hardcoded.
- Geometry autodetect supports BBC Master 512 DOS Plus 800k format.
- Retry option was buggy in 1.1.1; corrected.
- "-apricot" option in dsktrans, to convert an Apricot floppy into something that can be loopback-mounted under Linux.
New in v1.1.1
- Support has been added for the APRIDISK file format.
- LibDsk can be programmed to retry automatically in case of error.
- Supports double-stepping, so 360k discs can be read in 1.2Mb drives.
New in v1.1.0
- The example utilities take parameters in any order.
- Support has been added for the 400k disc images used by the NanoWasp emulator.
- The 32-bit Windows library can use the 16-bit library for floppy disc access. This allows 32-bit LibDsk programs to read ADFS floppies, for example.
New in v1.0.0
- Minor portability fixes.
New in v0.9.9
- More bug fixes.
- Now compiles under 16-bit DOS and Windows.
- Projects included for Visual C++, Borland C++, Pacific C and DJGPP.
New in v0.9.5
- Bug fixes in the POSIX and MYZ80 drivers.
New in v0.9.1
- Squeeze code rewritten from scratch to avoid possible licence conflict.
New in v0.9.0
- Support for compressed disc image files (.SQ and .gz).
- Support for reading/writing deleted data.
- Major bug fixes in the support for extended CPCEMU-format disc images.
- BBC Micro DFS added to the list of built-in formats.
John Elliott 2015-12-16